My Heisman Ballot posted September 25, 2017 at 9:42 AM
Discussion Person

TopJTimm

Macon, GA

Fanatic

So if you weren't around last year, I did this every week. (Yes, I know it's incredibly early)

Basically, I'll pick three people - the number that a real Heisman voter can choose - that would be on my ballot as of now. The idea is that you guys and gals would play along, and at the end, there would be enough of us participating to determine who we would elect as our Heisman winner.

So here we go.

1. Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA - Full disclosure: I didn't watch much of this game at all. By the time I got free Sunday, it looked like Texas A&M had put the game away, so there was no reason to watch. Then Rosen led the Bruins to 35 unanswered points in the third and fourth quarters on the way to 491 passing yards and four fourth-quarter touchdowns to beat the Aggies 45-44.

2. Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville - The defending Heisman Trophy winner and his Cardinals absolutely shouldn't have struggled with Purdue, but they did. Then Jackson did what Jackson does, and he made sure his team didn't lose with a 30-for-46 passing night for 378 passing yards and two touchdowns to go with 107 rushing yards.

3. Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State - Barkley didn't get the ball a lot in his team's comfortable win over Akron, but he proved why he got so much attention heading into this season. He turned 14 carries into 172 yards and two touchdowns.

Discussion Person

TopJTimm

Macon, GA

Fanatic

Back in the saddle after a crazy week.

1. Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA. Rosen and the Bruins lost, but he still had quite a game, throwing for 463 yards and 4 TDs. He did have two interceptions, but those are his only two of the year to go with 1283 passing yards and 13 touchdowns through three games, both best in the country.

2. Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma. Mayfield and the Sooners took down Ohio State in Columbus, and the quarterback has been stellar. His 1,046 passing yards with 10 TDs are impressive enough, but he's done so without throwing an interception.

3. Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State. The Cowboys are also off to a hot start, and Rudolph plays a huge role in that. He's completed more than 72 percent of his passes for 1,135 yards, 11 TDs and just one interception. He's also punched in a couple rushing scores.

Discussion Person

TheTopFan

Greenville, SC

Fans25 Staff

Fanatic

Kelly Bryant!!

Haha, the stats are not there yet due to a tough defensive battle with Auburn, but if he can go off on BC for about 4 TDs he should get some talk!

Discussion Person

TopJTimm

Macon, GA

Fanatic

Well, Bryant did enough to beat BC but not enough to get on the ballot.

Unfortunately, Josh Rosen's team took a second loss, and he had two interceptions. Mason Rudolph also threw two picks in a home loss, so the ballot really shook up this week.

1. Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State. For the second straight year, Barkley was magical against Iowa. With more than 200 rushing yards and a touchdown to go with a nice receiving night and a "Heisman moment" hurdle, he took the lead for now.

2. Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma. Even for as volatile of a personality as Mayfield can be, he stayed in the mix this week by being steady. A 13-for-19 performance for 283 yards and 3 TDs help hold off Baylor and keep the Sooners undefeated, and he still has yet to throw an interception.

3. Luke Falk, QB, Washington State. Really, this could end up being a "participation trophy" type of vote because Wazzu hosts USC this week. But Falk has been stellar, racking up 1,378 yards, 14 TDs and just one pick in four games. If he can best Sam Darnold and the Trojans, expect Falk to get some national attention.

Discussion Person

TopJTimm

Macon, GA

Fanatic

Also an important note, this is an intentionally fluid concept. I'm trying not to project much.

For instance, Mason Rudolph and Josh Rosen still have absurdly good numbers, so if they keep that pace, they'll be in the conversation for sure. But as of right now, coming off tough losses where they made mistakes, they're off my ballot.

Discussion Person

CornHuskers

Papillion, NE

Fanatic

I would like to nominate Tanner Lee for a football razzie. 9 interceptions in 3 games with 3 of them being pick 6's is pretty impressive and not something you see all the time. While I am admittedly upset with the Huskers performance, I am to the comical stage already. After Lee threw his 9th interception of the season in this weeks game, I turned to my buddy and said "let's try to set a record, bring on the 10th" since it appears that the coaching staff won't even consider taking him out of the game. I also said that we should turn Lee's interceptions into a drinking game, chug a beer every time he throws one lol.

I know I know, I am acting ridiculous, but I feel as though I am saying what many fans are feeling. Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread, just found the irony a bit funny not to play on it a bit.

Discussion Person

CornHuskers

Papillion, NE

Fanatic

On a more serious note and relating to the thread, I am really liking Saquon Barkley as the current favorite. 

Discussion Person

TopJTimm

Macon, GA

Fanatic

Yeah I picked your boys to win their division this year, and I really thought Lee would be good, but nope.

As for Barkley, the only issue is that he's a running back. It's hard for those guys to match the production and spotlight that a big-time quarterback will get.

Discussion Person

HARVARDGUY

Hingham, MA

I would go Barkley first. Followed by Baker Mayfield

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Click click here to login or here to create an account.