CFB Playoff Predictions: Pac-12 posted September 4, 2017 at 4:37 PM
Discussion Person

TopJTimm

Macon, GA

Fanatic

The season is about to hit full gear, but not before we get in the major conference predictions. 

Next up is the Pac-12, which is a bit of a wild card for people in the Southeast, like me. Not only are these games played late, but the conference also maintains a Friday night time slot that conflicts with high school football. I always try to make sure to catch a few of those, though, because they are frequently insanely entertaining.

So who puts on the best show this year?

North

Washington - 11-1, 8-1

Washington St. - 10-2, 7-2

Stanford - 10-2, 7-2

Oregon - 5-7, 4-5

Cal - 6-6, 3-6

Oregon State - 3-9, 1-8

South 

USC - 11-1, 8-1

Utah - 8-4, 5-4

Arizona St. - 6-6, 4-5

Colorado - 7-5, 4-5

UCLA - 6-6, 3-6

Arizona - 4-8, 1-8

Championship Game: USC def. Washington

PLAYOFF POSSIBILITIES

This could perhaps be the best of the conference title games, as it would pit two teams that would stay around the top 10 or so all year long. Furthermore, USC and Washington don't face each other in the regular season, adding intrigue to the title game and adding to the potential that either winner could make it to the Final Four.

Southern Cal appears to be the class of this conference, but they'll have to avoid early pitfalls. Three of the Trojans' first five games are against teams ranked in preseason polls, including a road game against Washington State that I have as USC's lone loss. The Cougars join Stanford as the other teams that could claim a spot in the playoffs if they can escape from a somewhat crowded North division.

NOTES

• Stanford and Oregon State have already begun their seasons, with Stanford thrashing Rice and Oregon State falling to Colorado State.
  • If USC could win the Pac-12 Championship Game, it would be the first time a South division team has won the conference since the game was implemented in 2011. Stanford leads the way with three Pac-12 title game wins, followed by Oregon with two and defending champion Washington with one.
Discussion Person

GO UTES!!

Salt Lake City, UT

Fanatic

I agree that USC wins the south, but I do't think Utah will lose four in-conference games. At least, I hope not.

Discussion Person

TopJTimm

Macon, GA

Fanatic

Oh your boys got an incredibly tough conference schedule this year. Stanford, Washington AND Washington St.? Wow.

Discussion Person

GO UTES!!

Salt Lake City, UT

Fanatic

I know, but Utah's got the talent. To be completely honest, I've got three losses. November meltdown is real every year. I don't really see that changing. I've got Utah losing to USC, Wazzu and Washington. I'd be thrilled if Utah could knock off one or more of those though (especially USC).

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Click click here to login or here to create an account.