Your Playoff 4 posted September 3, 2017 at 5:55 PM
Discussion Person

TheTopFan

Greenville, SC

Fans25 Staff

Fanatic

Who does everyone have to be their 4 teams in the Playoff when the conference title games are over?

Discussion Person

GO UTES!!

Salt Lake City, UT

Fanatic

I think Michigan (for some reason I absentmindedly typed that, but I'll stick with it), USC, Alabama and Clemson.

Discussion Person

CornHuskers

Papillion, NE

Fanatic

Yeah I'm not thinking Michigan, but I wouldn't be crazy surprised if it happened. I am going with Alabama, Ohio St, USC, and my stretch pick is Oklahoma.

Discussion Person

CornHuskers

Papillion, NE

Fanatic

Nothing against Clemson, just a feel that....

1. what they lost will matter

2. always hard to repeat.

3. ACC more prepared, gunning for Clemson, ACC eats itself up.

Discussion Person

TopJTimm

Macon, GA

Fanatic

I've got Florida State, Alabama, Oklahoma State and Southern Cal.

I think FSU beats Bama and goes undefeated, Bama only loses that game, since I'm guessing that's one people will question ha ha

Discussion Person

TheTopFan

Greenville, SC

Fans25 Staff

Fanatic

I put my Playoff as the sam as last year but Penn State instead of Ohio State.

I see your point, Cornhuskers. Itll be tough. I guess I am picking Clemson because our O-line and D-line are perhaps the best that they've ever been...both of them.

It will definetley be tough for CU. Watson is gone, the target is on the back.

But we will see!

Discussion Person

SpiffyGuitarMan

Birmingham, AL

Fans25 Staff

Fanatic

Man, it's way too early to get these right lol.

As I think through it, I'm pretty sure the conference that won't have a representative is the Big Twelve.  Can a single conference get two teams?  Sure, but I doubt that too.

I think you gotta take Bama out of the SEC unless you think Auburn or Florida (in the SEC title game) will step up.  I don't see either of those happening this year.

Out of the ACC, I can see the arguments for FSU but I'm saying Clemson until they lose.  Clemson has been the class of the conference the past two years.  Outside of Florida State and maybe Louisville their schedule looks favorable.  No Miami, no Pitt (which beat them last year), and a bye week before Ga Tech.

The Big Ten is a crap shoot, to be honest.  I'll go against the grain and pick Wisconsin to finally rise to the top again.  It's been a while, but they've been pretty solid an they avoid Penn State and Ohoi State.  The three week stretch at the end of the season - Michigan, at Minnesota, then the Big Ten title game - will be fun to watch.

Way out west, I'll take Washington to stay atop the conference.  I know USC is the sexy pick, but it took them a little while to get in their groove last year and they get Stanford week 2 followed by Texas, then back to back road games.

So yeah....Alabama, Clemson, Wisconsin, and Washington.

Discussion Person

TheTopFan

Greenville, SC

Fans25 Staff

Fanatic

Way too early..Yep.

A scenario featuring Auburn making it to the CFP could be there, too.

If they beat Clemson in Week 2, they will shoot up the polls. And if they can stay up there, they get BAMA at home...

But who knows. Way early. 

Discussion Person

TopJTimm

Macon, GA

Fanatic

I'm going to be amending mine, but you'll have to stay tuned later today to find out how.... (Dramatic music)

Discussion Person

gatormike

orlando, FL

Fanatic

Alabama, FSU, Ohio St. Washington

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Click click here to login or here to create an account.