New Season, New Management posted August 21, 2017 at 10:02 AM
Discussion Person

TopJTimm

Macon, GA

Fanatic

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I'm taking over managing the site from Top, who has been awesome.
That said, I'm in conversation now about getting things reset and getting up and running for the new year, so get ready!

Also, since I'm running more of the site now, would anyone else be interested in running my upset pickem game?

Discussion Person

TheTopFan

Greenville, SC

Fans25 Staff

Fanatic

This is going to be a great thing for the site!

I just kind of ran out of gas with it and don't have the drive I once had...

BUT I will defnetly stick around and talk in the forums and do the contests.....

With that said, if Timm can get things rolling, I would LOVE to see the site get back to the way it was in its best days!

Discussion Person

dcomitch

Charleston, SC

Fanatic

Congrats, ASJTimm.  I'll be here this season and ready to roll with my comments.  Ready for the season.  Ready for Clemson to do their best in the post DW era.  Go Tigers!

Discussion Person

CornHuskers

Papillion, NE

Fanatic

lol, I have been checking this site probably once a month to see when someone else was going to comeback. Sucks having the off season. Anybody watch the second season of Last Chance U?

Discussion Person

LSUzilla

Baton Rouge, LA

Discussion Person

LSUzilla

Baton Rouge, LA

Couple of things:

1) good luck

2) I have tried and tried today to reply to messages using chrome browser and its not working. Whats the deal? having to use Edge now and its horrible.

3) dont take it personally but I love straight up pickem or confidence games and not a fan of the upset game. Are you planning on running a standard game? maybe through espn or poolhost?

Discussion Person

GO UTES!!

Salt Lake City, UT

Fanatic

I'd love to see it get back to the way it used to be. I'm here for the season, but probably limited. I'm also starting pharmacy school, so things will be busy and hectic.

Discussion Person

TopJTimm

Macon, GA

Fanatic

For LSUZilla:

Everything is working fine for me on Chrome, so I'm not sure what your issue could be, perhaps local. As for pickem, we have a straight pickem game on the main page; the upset game is separate and just runs on a thread.

For GO UTES:

What do you mean by "the way it used to be?"

Discussion Person

GO UTES!!

Salt Lake City, UT

Fanatic

When I first joined the site in 2008ish, it was booming. That's what I would like to see. I think we've got better games and interactive things now, but we lack the people.

Discussion Person

TheTopFan

Greenville, SC

Fans25 Staff

Fanatic

We reached a peak in traffic around 2011....but thats when i ran out of ideas on how to find new people, and I got a job, and I just didnt have the same amount of time....

Hopefully via social media we can build it back up!

Discussion Person

TopJTimm

Macon, GA

Fanatic

Oh I definitely agree on that. If anyone has any revolutionary ideas on how to get this thing fired up, send them my way!

Discussion Person

GO UTES!!

Salt Lake City, UT

Fanatic

Top, that's awkward. I was on my mission in 2011...I missed from October 2010 until October 2012. Before I left, it was fantastic. I know somewhere in there, you had the whole struggle with the guy whose name I can't remember.

I tried a while ago tweeting about Fans25, but I don't think it worked. I could try Facebook, but I don't know.

What are the chances of somehow teaming up or starting a group on Firefan. They have gotten huge really quick.

Discussion Person

TheTopFan

Greenville, SC

Fans25 Staff

Fanatic

UTES, whats awkward?

Sure, we can try to start a group up on Firefan. Never heard of that.

Maybe let's wait a few days so Timm can get it all going as far as Pick'em COntest and all that, and then yea, lets go recruiting!

Discussion Person

GO UTES!!

Salt Lake City, UT

Fanatic

I'm just kidding. It's just awkward becasue I wasn't around during that time (2011). Firefan is a sports game app. You pick games and there are a bunch of questions for each drive, or each 4 minutes or anything like that. It's pretty cool. It's still new though, so last time I played it, it was buggy.

Sounds good to me.

Discussion Person

TheTopFan

Greenville, SC

Fans25 Staff

Fanatic

Gotcha.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Click click here to login or here to create an account.