2016-2017 Salute to Champions posted April 13, 2017 at 11:52 PM
Discussion Person

John_M-01

Houston, TX

Fanatic

Even though it has been extremely late, I'd like to salute all of the champions of college basketball this past season.  Another season of college basketball came to an end earlier this month.  Everybody has pretty much did their own version of "One Shining Moment" to recap the season.  As a tradition of mine, I like to honor the champions of college football and college basketball.  I'll be honoring the latter for this post.  Congratulations to the following:

NCAA D1 Men: North Carolina (some thought the officials are the real winners)
NCAA D1 Women: South Carolina
NCAA D2 Men: Northwest Missouri State
NCAA D2 Women: Ashland (OH)
NCAA D3 Men: Babson
NCAA D3 Women: Amherst <<< undefeated!
NIT Men: Texas Christian
NIT Women: Michigan
CIT: St. Peter's
CBI: Wyoming
NAIA D1 Men: Texas Wesleyan
NAIA D1 Women: Oklahoma City
NAIA D2 Men: Union College (??)
NAIA D2 Women: Marian
NJCAA D1 Men: Hutchinson
NJCAA D1 Women: Gulf Coast State
NJCAA D2 Men: Southwestern
NJCAA D2 Women: Kirkwood
NJCAA D3 Men: North Lake
NJCAA D3 Women: Rock Valley

Remember- it is NOT name-dropping if it doesn't make sense.  So congratulations to these colleges and universities on becoming champions of this season of the great sport of college basketball.  Who will be champions of the 2017-2018 season?  We shall see.

And as some last notes, I want to congratulate the Lady Huskies of the University of Connecticut on their amazing 111-game winning streak.  I also am rather sorry I haven't done my part to keep this forum buzzing and active.  I still wanted to offer this to show my continued respect for this site and all whom have contributed to its content.

Anyhow, there you go!  Get ready for the 2017-2018 season!  :)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Click click here to login or here to create an account.