Verne Lundquist Stepping Down from College Football posted December 8, 2016 at 10:40 PM
Discussion Person

John_M-01

Houston, TX

Fanatic

This post has ties to college football, but not exactly on college football. I wasn't sure where I wanted to make this post, so I decided to post here in The Bone Yard. Anyone who may watch the SEC on CBS may have heard the calls of one Verne Lundquist. I would like to honor a legend stepping away from calling college football. He still will be calling various other action for CBS. Verne Lundquist is as much a legend in calling action as another legend who stepped down this year- Vin Scully. Looking back on Verne Lundquist, courtesy of CBS Sports: http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/full-of-stories-and-emotion-college-football-bids-farewell-to-verne-lundquist/

All I can say is... thank you, Verne Lundquist. I'm personally going to remember him best for his call of when Auburn stunned Alabama on that wild failed field goal returned for a touchdown back in 2013. How will you remember Verne Lundquist calling college football?

Discussion Person

TheTopFan

Greenville, SC

Fans25 Staff

Fanatic

Let me be the first to say....

"BUH-BYE"

If Gary Danielson were next I would be even happier....

Very knowledgable guy who was good for college football, I just really couldn't stand his voice....

Discussion Person

TigerTodd

Seneca, SC

Fanatic

I liked him. Hate to see him go.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Click click here to login or here to create an account.