2016-2017 Season Surprises posted January 1, 2017 at 12:34 PM
Discussion Person

John_M-01

Houston, TX

Fanatic

As part of a "tradition" here on Fans25, I like to open a thread to discuss surprising teams and underrated teams. Now, I am including surprise results. Why? Because college basketball can be known to have some surprising results of certain teams knocking off bigger and better teams. So what is this thread about? Simple:

* surprising teams - teams that have a lot of wins, or even good teams with poor records
* underrated teams - very good teams that aren't getting as much attention
* surprise scores - upsets and surprising scores (even lopsided scores)

So does anyone want to talk about some surprises or underrated teams? Remember- this thread is about all of college basketball, not just NCAA Division 1 men. This also includes NCAA Division 1 Women. Heck, even throw in some other NCAA schools or any other collegiate action. College basketball is college basketball. This thread is yours. I'm just trying to keep the college hoops forum going even with all the college football still going on.

Discussion Person

John_M-01

Houston, TX

Fanatic

Florida Atlantic downed Ohio State at Ohio State 79-77 in Overtime yesterday!  That's going to hurt Buckeye Nation...

Discussion Person

John_M-01

Houston, TX

Fanatic

Maybe one of the biggest surprises of the season is how well Oakland University is doing.  The Golden Grizzlies are currently 12-3 on the season.  Their most recent game was a win hosting Northern Kentucky.  The next match for Oakland is at Valparaiso this Friday.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Click click here to login or here to create an account.