Upset Pick Contest (Week 11) posted November 12, 2016 at 11:42 PM
Discussion Person

TopJTimm

Macon, GA

Fanatic

I'm moving now! Kudos to Dasyboja for getting on the board as well, and Brabel for jumping into the tie for the lead!

8 points - HuskerFaithful, Spiffy, Brabel

7 points - Me

6 points - CornHuskers

5 points - Prozach, Go Utes

3 points - BigK3, Top, Dasyboja

The rules are simple. Obviously you can only pick the underdog; I use Rivals.com for my spreads. An underdog by 3 1/2 points or less is worth 1 point if they win, 4-8 points is worth 2, and 8 1/2 or more is worth 3.

Give me Georgia over Auburn for 3.

Discussion Person

Dasyboja

Industry, PA

Fanatic

well, well, well... this blind squirrel finally found a nut.

i'll take Arkansas (-7) over LSU for 2

Discussion Person

TopJTimm

Macon, GA

Fanatic

Thought about that one too.

Discussion Person

Dasyboja

Industry, PA

Fanatic

since i'm chasing, didn't want to follow you.  second choice i took.

Discussion Person

GO UTES!!

Salt Lake City, UT

Fanatic

I'm going to take Ole Miss over Texas A&M for 3. 

Discussion Person

CornHuskers

Papillion, NE

Fanatic

I have no idea, I will just take T-Tech over Okie St for 3.

Discussion Person

Huskerfaithful

Omaha, NE

Fanatic

Vanderbilt over Georgia....

Discussion Person

Huskerfaithful

Omaha, NE

Fanatic

Oops...Georgia over auburn

Discussion Person

Brabel24

Washington, UT

I'll take Arkansas over LSU 

Discussion Person

SpiffyGuitarMan

Birmingham, AL

Fans25 Staff

Fanatic

I thought last week about taking La Mon over S Alabama last week and didn't.  I'll take the Warhawks this week over Ga St for 3 and make up for overlooking them.

Discussion Person

John_M-01

Houston, TX

Fanatic

Did you pick Pittsburgh to defeat Clemson? If so, pat yourself on the back (or some other self-celebrating). I couldn't believe the Pittsburgh Panthers went into Clemson and stunned the Clemson Tigers.  The College Football Playoff rankings are going to be shaken up like an earthquake.  Check in on Tuesday for the latest CFP rankings and how far Clemson will fall.

There was also a stunner as Georgia Tech went to #14 Virginia Tech and slapped around VT 30-20. GT beat VT.

Now for an upset of a different kind, and I'm doing this because I love you all here on Fans25 and want to offer a little diversity. If you're an NCAA Division 3 football fan, Mount Union's streak of regular season wins came to an end when the Blue Streaks of John Carroll University defeated the Purple Raiders of the University of Mount Union by a score of 31-28. The difference maker was a game-winning field goal by JCU with six seconds left in the game. Mount Union won as many as 112 straight games until this fail today. If that isn't deflating enough, John Carroll won the Ohio Athletic Conference title with this win.

Any other upset winners from this week's games... congratulations!

Discussion Person

John_M-01

Houston, TX

Fanatic

More chaos.  You're a winner if you called Michigan, Washington, and/or Texas A&M to lose their respective games.  This is the first time since October 19, 1985 that #2, #3, and #4 in the nation all lost on the same day in the regular season.  Some of us here on Fans25 were born on or AFTER this day.  Got to love college sports chaos (let alone college football chaos)!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Click click here to login or here to create an account.