Looking Ahead to 2016-2017... posted November 11, 2016 at 4:05 PM
Discussion Person

John_M-01

Houston, TX

Fanatic

College football is cool and all, but there are some folks that love college basketball more than college football.  So I wanted to start this thread here to focus on the action to come for when college basketball gets underway.  I still can remember Villanova stunning North Carolina on that buzzer beater to win the NCAA Division 1 Men's Basketball championship.  Villanova is the defending champs on the men's side.  And let's not forget Connecticut having a perfect season to be the defending champions on the NCAA Division 1 Women's Basketball side.

I hope this is enough to get started discussing the upcoming season.  Let's talk college hoops for the 2016-2017 season!

Discussion Person

John_M-01

Houston, TX

Fanatic

How about it, Fans25?  College basketball is back!  Among many games to be played are those in the Armed Forces Classic- Arizona vs. Michigan State and Indiana vs. Kansas.  Many other teams will begin their 2016-2017 campaign on both the men's and women's sides.  My beloved Houston Cougars will open up against the Bears of Morgan State.  From one pack of cats to antoher, we got the Kentucky Wildcats hosting the Lumberjacks of Stephen F. Austin State.  The defending NCAA D1 Men's basketball champions, Villanova (remember that epic finish between Villanova and UNC last season?), will take on the Lafayette Leopards.

Enjoy the new season, Fans25!  Good luck to all of your teams this season.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Click click here to login or here to create an account.