2017 CFB Predictions: SEC
Posted By:Jeremy Timmerman - Macon, GA Tags:
|Share on Twitter|
Let's put a bow on these conference predictions with a conference that has been at the center of the national title picture for a while now: the SEC.
The days of this power conference coming into the season with multiple national title contenders may be gone, but one fact remains true. Alabama is the perennial team to beat, and if any team topples the Crimson Tide from the SEC throne, that team also becomes a national title contender.
So will any be able to do that this year?
Georgia - 10-2, 6-2
Florida - 8-4, 6-2
Tennessee - 9-3, 5-3
South Carolina - 7-5, 4-4
Kentucky - 6-6, 3-5
Vanderbilt - 4-8, 1-7
Missouri - 4-8, 0-8
Alabama - 11-1, 8-0
Auburn - 9-3, 6-2
LSU - 10-2, 6-2
Texas A&M - 8-4, 5-3
Arkansas - 6-6, 3-5
Mississippi State - 5-7, 2-6
Ole Miss 4-8, 1-7
Championship Game: Alabama def. Georgia
For once, the SEC will likely only have one team threatening for the playoffs. Georgia, Auburn and LSU could all flirt at the edge of contention, but the games I have them losing are scheduled such that none of them are likely to sit in the top four for long.
All that said, the SEC is still a tough conference loaded with resume-building wins. Further, all of those teams play non-conference games that will help make them look good if they manage to get hot and win some games.
- The early season holds a few huge games for the SEC's top teams. After Alabama faces Florida State and Florida faces Michigan this weekend, Auburn travels to play defending national champion Clemson next week. That same day, Georgia travels to play Notre Dame, and even if the Irish are a bit down, that's still a marquee matchup.
- Florida has an absolutely brutal schedule. The Gators may miss Bama this year in the regular season, but they do play Michigan, Florida State, LSU and Texas A&M.
|Share on Twitter|
Latest Forum Posts
- My Heisman Ballot
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 4)
- 2017 CFB Predictions: ACC
- Note About Pick-Em
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 3)
- 10 Things - Week 2
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 2)
- 10 Things - week 1
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 1)
- Pro Wrestling Anyone?
- CFB Playoff Predictions: Pac-12
- Most Hated Player
- Your Playoff 4
- Favorite Player
- 2017 CFB Predictions: Big 12
- 2017 CFB Predictions: The Playoffs
- 2017 CFB Predictions: SEC
- CFB Playoff Predictions: Big Ten
- UPDATE: Pickem is ready to go!
- New Season, New Management
- Congrats, Hessian!
- Video Test
- IMPORTANT: Ignore Pick-em for now
- Top Fan's 2017 Season Outlook
- I'm back, Detroitgirl81 !
- 2016-2017 Salute to Champions
- 2012-2013's Surprise/Underrated Teams
- Best Game Of The Year or Best Game Ever?
- The Nebraska Thread
- The NATTY: Clemson vs Alabama
- Wake Forest scandal a new kind of college football fiasco
- Ranking all 40 college football bowl games: Here's 21 through 30
- Wake Forest investigation reveals radio announcer leaked game plans
- Plenty still to unravel in Wake Forest scandal
- Western Kentucky hires Notre Dame assistant Mike Sanford as coach