2017 CFB Predictions: Pac-12
Posted By:Jeremy Timmerman - Macon, GA Tags:
|Share on Twitter|
The season is about to hit full gear, but not before we get in the major conference predictions.
Next up is the Pac-12, which is a bit of a wild card for people in the Southeast, like me. Not only are these games played late, but the conference also maintains a Friday night time slot that conflicts with high school football. I always try to make sure to catch a few of those, though, because they are frequently insanely entertaining.
So who puts on the best show this year?
Washington - 11-1, 8-1
Washington St. - 10-2, 7-2
Stanford - 10-2, 7-2
Oregon - 5-7, 4-5
Cal - 6-6, 3-6
Oregon State - 3-9, 1-8
USC - 11-1, 8-1
Utah - 8-4, 5-4
Arizona St. - 6-6, 4-5
Colorado - 7-5, 4-5
UCLA - 6-6, 3-6
Arizona - 4-8, 1-8
Championship Game: USC def. Washington
This could perhaps be the best of the conference title games, as it would pit two teams that would stay around the top 10 or so all year long. Furthermore, USC and Washington don't face each other in the regular season, adding intrigue to the title game and adding to the potential that either winner could make it to the Final Four.
Southern Cal appears to be the class of this conference, but they'll have to avoid early pitfalls. Three of the Trojans' first five games are against teams ranked in preseason polls, including a road game against Washington State that I have as USC's lone loss. The Cougars join Stanford as the other teams that could claim a spot in the playoffs if they can escape from a somewhat crowded North division.
- Stanford and Oregon State have already begun their seasons, with Stanford thrashing Rice and Oregon State falling to Colorado State.
- If USC could win the Pac-12 Championship Game, it would be the first time a South division team has won the conference since the game was implemented in 2011. Stanford leads the way with three Pac-12 title game wins, followed by Oregon with two and defending champion Washington with one.
|Share on Twitter|
Latest Forum Posts
- My Heisman Ballot
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 4)
- 2017 CFB Predictions: ACC
- Note About Pick-Em
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 3)
- 10 Things - Week 2
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 2)
- 10 Things - week 1
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 1)
- Pro Wrestling Anyone?
- CFB Playoff Predictions: Pac-12
- Most Hated Player
- Your Playoff 4
- Favorite Player
- 2017 CFB Predictions: Big 12
- 2017 CFB Predictions: The Playoffs
- 2017 CFB Predictions: SEC
- CFB Playoff Predictions: Big Ten
- UPDATE: Pickem is ready to go!
- New Season, New Management
- Congrats, Hessian!
- Video Test
- IMPORTANT: Ignore Pick-em for now
- Top Fan's 2017 Season Outlook
- I'm back, Detroitgirl81 !
- 2016-2017 Salute to Champions
- 2012-2013's Surprise/Underrated Teams
- Best Game Of The Year or Best Game Ever?
- The Nebraska Thread
- The NATTY: Clemson vs Alabama
- Wake Forest scandal a new kind of college football fiasco
- Ranking all 40 college football bowl games: Here's 21 through 30
- Wake Forest investigation reveals radio announcer leaked game plans
- Plenty still to unravel in Wake Forest scandal
- Western Kentucky hires Notre Dame assistant Mike Sanford as coach