2017 CFB Predictions: Big 12
Posted By:Jeremy Timmerman - Macon, GA Tags:
|Share on Twitter|
Let's get in some more predictions with the Big 12.
The Big 12 is adding a championship game for the first time in several years, which should have an impact on their status for the playoffs at the end of the year. That said, it will be interesting to see how their unique format comes into play. With a complete round-robin schedule for 10 teams and the championship game guaranteed to be a rematch, there's at least a little reason to believe the title game could hurt more than it could help.
Texas - 10-2, 8-1
Oklahoma St. - 11-1, 8-1
Oklahoma - 10-2, 7-2
Kansas St. - 9-3, 6-3
West Virginia - 8-4, 6-3
Texas Tech - 7-5, 4-5
TCU - 6-6, 3-6
Baylor - 4-8, 2-7
Iowa St. - 3-9, 1-8
Kansas - 2-10, 0-9
Championship Game - Oklahoma St. def. Texas
In my prediction, Texas heads into the championship game as the No. 1 seed after beating Oklahoma State to defend the Longhorns' home turf in the regular season. Texas has a road loss to West Virginia and also falls to Southern Cal, if you're wondering where I put the losses.
With those two and Oklahoma, this conference has three teams that I could see getting into the playoff action. That said, this could be an absolutely wild conference, as the top seven teams have the talent and/or coaching to consistently be considered threats, and Baylor and Iowa State certainly have the juice to pull off upsets.
Still, my money would be on Oklahoma State to break through with Mason Rudolph and the rest of a talented Cowboys' squad that returned several key pieces from a year ago.
- Go ahead and mark Texas Tech vs. Arizona State on Sept. 16 at 8 p.m. as a fun early-season game to keep an eye on. It may not be on your TV lineup and will be over-shadowed by USC-Texas and Florida State-Miami, but if you get a chance to catch it, it might be fun. Also could let us know where those two middle-of-the-pack teams stack up.
- Why am I so high on Texas? It's mostly just a hunch. The talent is there from Charlie Strong, and Tom Herman is also a good coach. Of course, it's probably more likely that they'll go 7-5 than 10-2, but this prediction just felt right.
|Share on Twitter|
Latest Forum Posts
- My Heisman Ballot
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 4)
- 2017 CFB Predictions: ACC
- Note About Pick-Em
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 3)
- 10 Things - Week 2
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 2)
- 10 Things - week 1
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 1)
- Pro Wrestling Anyone?
- CFB Playoff Predictions: Pac-12
- Most Hated Player
- Your Playoff 4
- Favorite Player
- 2017 CFB Predictions: Big 12
- 2017 CFB Predictions: The Playoffs
- 2017 CFB Predictions: SEC
- CFB Playoff Predictions: Big Ten
- UPDATE: Pickem is ready to go!
- New Season, New Management
- Congrats, Hessian!
- Video Test
- IMPORTANT: Ignore Pick-em for now
- Top Fan's 2017 Season Outlook
- I'm back, Detroitgirl81 !
- 2016-2017 Salute to Champions
- 2012-2013's Surprise/Underrated Teams
- Best Game Of The Year or Best Game Ever?
- The Nebraska Thread
- The NATTY: Clemson vs Alabama
- Wake Forest scandal a new kind of college football fiasco
- Ranking all 40 college football bowl games: Here's 21 through 30
- Wake Forest investigation reveals radio announcer leaked game plans
- Plenty still to unravel in Wake Forest scandal
- Western Kentucky hires Notre Dame assistant Mike Sanford as coach