Championship Weekend Predictions
Posted By:Brett Haynes - Greenville, SC Tags:
|Share on Twitter|
One more batch of games will go down before the final Playoff poll comes out this Sunday evening. Realistically, only 7 or 8 teams still have a chance to make a run at a national title. The Big Ten is the conference that will have the biggest impact on the Playoff as 4 teams from that league still hang on to dreams of playing for it all, and this weekend's title game will shake up the rankings one way or another...Michigan, Ohio State, Penn state and Wisconsin all feel they are worthy for the Fiesta or Peach Bowls....Alabama clearly is in, and Clemson and Washington sit pretty, as well, should they win their conference games...But anything is possible in the wild world of college football...Here are my predictions for the games of Championship Weekend....
#4 Clemson vs Virginia Tech - ACC CHAMPIONSHIP - 8:00 - ABC - Orlando, FL - The Tigers have a shot at the Playoff and will be on point and prepared. And while I think the world of what Justin Fuente has done in year #1, I think he falls just short here. This will be a closer game than most think due to VT's athleticism on defense. But the Tiger offense will make the plays needed to win in the end, and CU has a fellow named Deshaun Watson in the huddle - he is the difference...Clemson 37-27.
#1 Alabama vs #15 Florida - SEC CHAMPIONSHIP - 3:30 - CBS - Atlanta, GA - There is not enough money in the Northern and Western Hemispheres for me to bet real, live money on the Gators to win this game. Sorry, Gator fans, but I just cannot do it. Florida is improved this year, and an appearance in the SEC's premier game will boost recruiting, but I see Bama winning this one on the way to the Playoff....Alabama, 31-13.
#6 Wisconsin vs #7 Penn State - B1G TEN CHAMPIONSHIP - 8:00 - FOX - Indianapolis, IN - As we would all agree, the whole drama at PSU has been awful, but let's face it, it is good for college football to have the Nittany Lions back and a part of the championship race. I like the energy that Coach James Franklin has brought to this team and I think it carries over to a conference title....Penn State, 24-17.
#9 Colorado vs #5 Washington - PAC 10 CHAMPIONSHIP - Santa Clara, CA - 9:00 Friday - FOX - Here is a battle of two teams that were unlikely picks at the season's start. Washington was mentioned a bit, but Colorado? Nobody had them making it to this kind of game. It is cool to see these two teams back in the national picture....In this one, I like the way Chris Peterson has this team playing. He gets a Pac 10 crown in just his 3rd season...Washington, 45-34.
#10 Oklahoma State at #8 Oklahoma - 12:30 - FOX - Here is my upset special of the week. I am going to pick against Baker Mayfield and the Sooners and have the visiting Cowboys pulling the upset. The Cowboys can score - 41 ppg, and Oklahoma has one of the poorest defenses in the Big 12. Sorry, Oklahoma fans, but no Playoff this year....Oklahoma State, 36-31.
I will try to get to these games tomorrow............
Baylor at #18 WVU - 3:30 - FOX1 -
San Diego State at Wyoming - 7:45 - ESPN -
Louisiana Tech at Western Kentucky - 12:00 - ESPN -
Western Michigan vs Ohio - 7:00 - Friday - ESPN2 -
Temple vs #25 Navy - ABC -
|Share on Twitter|
Latest Forum Posts
- Welp, Clemson lost
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 7)
- Note About Pick-Em
- My Heisman Ballot
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 6)
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 5)
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 4)
- 2017 CFB Predictions: ACC
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 3)
- 10 Things - Week 2
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 2)
- 10 Things - week 1
- Upset Pick Contest (Week 1)
- Pro Wrestling Anyone?
- CFB Playoff Predictions: Pac-12
- Most Hated Player
- Your Playoff 4
- Favorite Player
- 2017 CFB Predictions: Big 12
- 2017 CFB Predictions: The Playoffs
- 2017 CFB Predictions: SEC
- CFB Playoff Predictions: Big Ten
- UPDATE: Pickem is ready to go!
- New Season, New Management
- Congrats, Hessian!
- Video Test
- IMPORTANT: Ignore Pick-em for now
- Top Fan's 2017 Season Outlook
- I'm back, Detroitgirl81 !
- 2016-2017 Salute to Champions
- Bowl projections: Georgia, TCU join College Football Playoff field after others fall
- Notre Dame football's Brandon Wimbush '100 percent' healthy for USC game
- College football's one-loss and unbeaten teams with easiest schedules
- Heisman Watch: Saquon Barkley holds narrow lead on fast-closing Bryce Love
- Ole Miss apologizes, settles lawsuit with Houston Nutt